Shack 9-Ball League Rules 2015
1.The League Entry Fee is 50 Euro of which a minimum 80% is to be the cash prize pot.
2. All non-full members playing in the League will be subject to league match fees also, permitting them access for their match nights only.
(50 euro covers all match fees instead of paying the daily admission charge) hence (The total fee for non members is 100 Euro)
To avail of this bundle offer the 50 euro match fee must be paid with the entry, a daily admission fee would apply otherwise!
3. All players must play each match within the time allocated or it will be foreit or void.
4. The playing format of the league consists of 8 sessions with 2 matches allocated for each session!
(This basically means there are 2 matches over a 2 week period. Each week runs from Sunday to Saturday).
5. Any match not played in the session allocated or if no scorecard/result is received by the end of the session then the match is void.
This means that the matches allocated that must be played in Session 1 are matches/weeks 1 and 2 of the league.
It also means both these games have to be played and scorecard submitted within the time allowed for the session.
Once session 2 or the next respective session begins, then all matches in session 1 or the previous session are frozen.
Supplying a scorecard late will not be accepted in any case, once the match is void/frozen thats how it will remain.
(NOTE: Any claims of points for matches not played must be done within the session allocated also! See rules 6, 16 & 21-23)
6. Generally, it is the responsibility of both players to ensure the match is played on time and the scorecard/result is submitted..
So for the benefit of match arranging the following applies:
(The players on the left of the fixtures are classed as the HOME players, those on the right the AWAY players.)
It is the HOME player that is required to make the initial contact by text or phone to arrange the match!
The HOME players must make contact with their opponent by the Wednesday of the week the match actually falls.. No Later!
The AWAY player, while not obligated to do so, can make the initial contact should they wish or in the event that the HOME player has failed to.
(NOTE: If a match fails to be played and the home player did not make contact on time, then the AWAY player can claim the match points!)
All scorecards are to be left in the office after each match so there's no excuse for it not being submitted on time.
(NOTE: Failure to submit a scorecard will result in each player being deducted points! See rule 16)
Do not arrive to any match without a scorecard!
7. Any player who forfeits more than 2 matches in succession will be disqualified from the league.
8. Any player who forfeits more than 2 matches throughout the entire league cannot claim any prize monies.
9. Any player who is in arears with entry/admission/match fees or other will not be able to claim any prize monies.
(If a player has any outstanding subs or other fees, the prize monies withheld will clear all owes, no cash payout will be allowed!)
10. Players must play everybody once, League winner will be determined by the player with the highest points.
11. Should 2 players finish with the same points, then the winner will be decided by the head to head result, then by frame count.
12. Cash Prize fund for the League will be based on the number of entries with a minimum 80% payout of the total entry fees taken in.
13. The number of places normally available in each League division is 16.
(This can be changed so to benefit the league format and players, depending on the number of entries)
14. The Championship Playoff event will directly follow the League and will only include all eligible players from the League.
(To qualify for the playoffs you must have no outstanding fees, no outstanding matches, and complied with rule 8 above)
15. Players are required to use the scoring system supplied and submit a scorecard for each match.
(Usually the winner submits the result and scorecard but in the event of a draw either player can do so)
16. With regards to using the scoring system amd submitting results/scorecards:
Ensure you are prepared and always have a scorecard with you for every match!
A piece of random paper with scores scribbled on it will not be accepted, you must use an official scorecard!
If an official scorecard is not submitted for a match then it will be void and both players will be deducted (1 penalty point).
If a scorecard is not filled out correctly or completely, the match will be void and both players will be deducted (1 penalty point).
(NOTE: completely means that all boxes are filled out, date, start time, finish time, names printed, signatures, session & match number etc)
(correctly means that you read the actual scorecard and put the right information in the right places or your card will be invalid)
To ensure players are actually playing all matches and not just filling out results, both players must print and sign their name on all scorecards!
Any player found to be fixing scores or cheating will receive a max penalty deduction (6 penalty points).
A second offense regarding match fixing will result in being disqualified from the league.
You can download and print your scorecard from the link shown (click here)
17. It is recommended that players book a table for the date and time they are playing their match.
18. A table which is booked for a specific time by a player for their match is their table from that time.
A maximum 2 hour time window is allowed to be booked for a league match.
19. Anyone using a table which is pre-booked is required to move to another vacant or next available table.
20. Regarding rules 17-19, if a table is booked and both players have not arrived up to 30 minutes into the booking then the booking is void and the table is free for use. If the players then arrive they cannot re-claim the table if being used!
21. If a player is running late and does not give adequate notice that they will be late, then their opponant, once they are already in the venue, can claim a rack every 10 minutes starting from a quarter hour after the arranged start time.
(example: match arranged 7pm, no show by 7:15pm, at 7:25pm first rack claimed, 7:35pm 2nd rack and so on)
22. Regarding late arrivals in rule 21, if racks claimed amount to 5 and the opponent still has not arrived, then the match is forfeit.
(Once the match is forfeit, all 3 points are awarded to the player waiting in the venue)
23. With regards to no shows or players cancelling matches -
If a player does not show up for their arranged match and cannot be contacted then rules 21 & 22 are set in motion!
A player must give at least 24 hours notice in order to cancel a match. (aka the day before play)
Only in extreme cases will cancellation on the day of play be accepted or you will forfeit the match!.
Any player that cancels any match for a 2nd time forfeits the match.
24. Official 9-Ball Rules apply for the League and Playoffs.
League is best of 16 (first to 9 wins), Championship is Race to 7 (best of 3 sets).
25. Players lag before the League Match starts and alternate breaks throughout the match. No re-lag for final deciding rack.
26. In the Playoffs, Players lag at the start of each set and alternate breaks throughout the match.
27. All Players are required to conduct themselves in a respectful and sporting manner at all times.
28. No official dress code is required for these events unless specifically requested for the purpose of photos, recording or T.V.
Rules and Terms may be added to or adjusted if required.
Note: Prize money is always a percentage of overall entry fees taken!