The 2019 Shack Academy 9-Ball League Rules
1.The League Entry Fee is normally 50 Euro but for 2019 it will be 40 Euro (35 Euro plus 5 Euro admin reg fee), of which 35 Euro goes to the cash prize pot.
2. All non-full members playing in the League will be subject to league match fees also, permitting them access for their match day/nights only.
(50 euro covers all match fees instead of paying the daily admission charge) hence (The total fee for non members is 100 Euro)(For 2019 the total fee will be 70 Euro for non-members!)
To avail of the bundle offer the match fees must be paid with the entry, if not then a daily admission fee would apply otherwise!
3. All players must play each match within the time allocated or it will be foreit or void.
4. The new playing format of the league consists of 5 sessions with 2 matches allocated for each session apart from the last session!
(This basically means each player is required to play 2 matches over each session of a 2 week period. Each week runs from Monday to Sunday).
Week 10 is for the league finals & the first rounds of the Playoff Knockout Shield.
5. Any match not played in the session allocated or if no scorecard/result is received by the end of the session then the match is void.
Example: Session 1 are matches/weeks 1 and 2 of the league so both these games have to be played and scorecard submitted by the last day of session 1.
Once session 2 or the next respective session begins, then all matches in session 1 or the previous session are frozen and late results will not be accepted in any case.
(NOTE: Any claims of points for matches not played must be done within the session allocated also!)
6. Generally, it is the responsibility of both players to ensure the match is played on time and the scorecard/result is submitted..
So for the benefit of match arranging the following applies:
The players on the left of the fixtures are classed as the HOME players, those on the right the AWAY players. It is the HOME player that is required to make the initial contact by text or phone to arrange the match! Keep it simple and make life easy for everyone, just make contact on the Monday of each week!
The AWAY player, while not obligated to do so, can make the initial contact should they wish or in the event that the HOME player has failed to.
(NOTE: If a match fails to be played and the home player did not make contact, then the AWAY player can claim the match points!)
All scorecards are to be left in the office after each match so there's no excuse for it not being submitted on time. (NOTE: Failure to submit a scorecard will result in each player being deducted points! See rule 16)
Do not arrive to any match without a scorecard!
7. Any player who forfeits 2 matches in succession will be disqualified from the league.
8. Any player who forfeits 2 matches throughout the entire league cannot claim any prize monies.
9. Any player who is in arears with entry/admission/match fees or other will not be able to claim any prize monies. (If a player has any outstanding subs or other fees, the prize monies withheld will be put off their owes, no cash payout will be allowed!)
10. Players must play everybody once, League Group winners will be determined by the player with the highest points.
11. Should 2 players finish with the same points, then the winner will be decided by the head to head result, then by frame count.
12. Cash Prize fund for the League will be based on the number of entries with a minimum 80% payout of the total entry fees taken in.
13. The number of places available in each League Group is 10.
(This can be changed so to benefit the league format and players, depending on the number of entries)
14. The Championship Playoff Shield event will directly follow the League and will only include all eligible players from the League. (To qualify for this knockout event you must have no outstanding fees and have played the minimum required of all your group matches. Any player can have no more than one voided match or one forfeited match against them in order to qualify! In simple terms, if you have not played 2 or more of your league group matches then you will not qualify for the Shiled event!)
15. Players are required to use the scoring system supplied and submit a scorecard for each match. (Usually the winner submits the result and scorecard but in the event of a draw either player can do so)
16. With regards to using the scoring system amd submitting results/scorecards:
Ensure you are prepared and always have a scorecard with you for every match!
A piece of random paper with scores scribbled on it will not be accepted!
If an official scorecard is not submitted for a match then it will be void.
If a scorecard is not filled out correctly or completely, the match will also be void!
Both players will be deducted 1 penalty point in all these situations!
(NOTE: completely means that all boxes are filled out, week number, date, names printed, signatures, match by match result, total score etc)
(correctly means that you read the actual scorecard and put the right information in the right places or your card will be invalid)
To ensure players are actually playing all matches and not just filling out results, both players must print and sign their name on all scorecards!
Any player found to be fixing scores or cheating will receive a max penalty deduction (6 penalty points).
A second offense regarding match fixing will result in being disqualified from the league.
You can download and print your scorecard from the link shown (click here)
17. It is recommended that players book the table for the date and time they are playing their match. You are not guaranteed to get the table otherwise.
(Always check what bookings are in the Calendar for the day you are to play before you fill out the booking form as you cannot edit or delete your booking once it's submitted, you will have to re-book)
18. A table which is booked for a specific time by a player for their match is their table from that time. A maximum 2 hour time window is allowed to be booked for any league match, but realistically, 1 hour is all that should be needed.
19. Anyone using a table which is pre-booked for a league match is required to move to another vacant or next available table. They can return after the match is over.
20. Regarding rules 17-19, if a table is booked and both players have not arrived up to 20 minutes into the booking then the booking is void and the table is free for use. If the players then arrive they cannot re-claim the table if being used and must re-book!
21. If a player is running late and does not give adequate notice that they will be late, then their opponant, once they are already in the venue, can claim a rack every 10 minutes starting from a quarter hour after the arranged start time.
(example: match arranged 7pm, no show by 7:15pm, at 7:25pm first rack claimed, 7:35pm 2nd rack and so on)
22. Regarding late arrivals in rule 21, if racks claimed amount to 5 and the opponent still has not arrived, then the match is forfeit.
(Once the match is forfeit, all 3 points are awarded to the player waiting in the venue. Note that no frames are awarded for walkovers or forfeits)
23. With regards to no shows or players cancelling matches -
If a player doesn't show up or can't be contacted then rules 21 & 22 apply!
24 hours notice must be given in order to cancel a match. (aka the day before play)
Only in extreme cases will cancellations on the day of play be accepted.
Otherwise you will simply forfeit the match!.
Any player that cancels any match for a 2nd time automatically forfeits the match.
24. Official 9-Ball Rules apply for the League and Shield.
All League matches are best of 12 (first to 7 wins or 6-6 draw),
Championship Playoff Shield is Race to 5 and is best of 3 sets.
25. Players lag before the League Match starts and alternate breaks throughout the match. No re-lags for final deciding racks.
26. In the Championship Playoff Shield, Players lag at the start of each set and alternate breaks throughout.
27. All Players are required to conduct themselves in a respectful and sporting manner at all times.
28. No official dress code is required for these events unless specifically requested for the purpose of photos, recording or T.V.
Rules and Terms may be added to or adjusted if required.
Note: Prize money is always a percentage of overall entry fees taken!
(click here for breakdown)